University Museum of Bergen: Natural history and Cultural history
The University Museum of Bergen Cultural hstory is closed from May 14-24.
Mondays, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Eve, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. 1 May, 17 May, Whit Sunday and Whit Monday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Maundy Thursday, Ascension Day, Boxing Day (as long as Boxing Day does not fall on a Monday) 11.00–17.00.
Adult: NOK 150,-
Reduced rate ticket NOK 110,-
Children (0–18 years): Free.
Students – upon presentation of a valid student ID: NOK 110,-
UiB students – Free of charge upon presentation of a valid student ID.
UiB employees NOK 110,-
– upon presentation of an employee card
Employees of the University Museum – upon presentation of an employee card: Free.
Group discount – granted to groups of more than 15 persons with ordinary adult tickets: NOK 110 per person.
Companion with companion certificate: Free
ICOM, Museum Association card: Free
Bergen Card: Free
Guides from tourist information/guide service: Free
School system: Free (kindergartens, school classes, adult education)
Separate tickets will be made available for events and special exhibitions
Museum garden: Free admission
Open practical information configuration options
Help us take care of the buildings, the artefacts and each other by following some simple but important rules.
- Follow the advice and directions of our staff.
- Pushchairs must be parked outside the building. Padlocks can be borrowed in the shop. We have a few pushchairs available but recommend the use of baby carriers for babies who cannot sit.
- It is not permitted to take food and drink into the museum.
- Bags are to be stored in the museum’s cloakroom.
- Buy your ticket online. It is cheaper and provides faster access to the exhibitions.
THE TICKET IS VALID FOR BOTH BUILDINGS ON THE SAME DAY
Here’s how to buy a ticket
- Click on the "Buy ticket" button in the green frame, choose between Natural History and Cultural History
- Now you're on our ticket page.
- First, select the date of your visit by clicking on the date in the calendar that appears.
- Now click on "Search" to see if there are any tickets available.
- Now choose the type of tickets and number you want – child, adult or student.
- An “Add” button will now appear at the bottom of the page –this will put the tickets in your shopping cart.
- Open your "shopping cart" and check that you have the tickets you want.
- Click on "Checkout" and follow the payment instructions.