University Museum of Bergen: Natural history
The University Museum of Bergen Cultural history is closed, long term, and needs to be rehabilitated to meet modern security requirements. In the meantime, the public will get to experience samples from the University Museum's cultural history collections in the museum's natural history building. Our exhibitions "the deep sea – the unknown land" will undergo maintenance periodically in the summer months.
Mondays, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Eve, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday. 1 May, 17 May, Whit Sunday and Whit Monday, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Ascension Day, Boxing Day (as long as Boxing Day does not fall on a Monday).
Adult: NOK 150,-
Reduced rate ticket NOK 110,-
Children (0–18 years): Free.
Students – upon presentation of a valid student ID: NOK 110,-
UiB students – Free of charge upon presentation of a valid student ID.
UiB employees NOK 110,-
– upon presentation of an employee card
Employees of the University Museum – upon presentation of an employee card: Free.
Group discount – granted to groups of more than 15 persons with ordinary adult tickets: NOK 110 per person.
Companion with companion certificate: Free
ICOM, Museum Association card: Free
Bergen Card: Free
Guides from tourist information/guide service: Free
School system: Free (kindergartens, school classes, adult education)
Separate tickets will be made available for events and special exhibitions
Museum garden: Free admission
Open practical information configuration options
Help us take care of the buildings, the artefacts and each other by following some simple but important rules.
- Follow the advice and directions of our staff.
- Pushchairs must be parked outside the building. Padlocks can be borrowed in the shop. We have a few pushchairs available but recommend the use of baby carriers for babies who cannot sit.
- It is not permitted to take food and drink into the museum.
- Bags are to be stored in the museum’s cloakroom.
- Buy your ticket online. It is cheaper and provides faster access to the exhibitions.